Tuesday 19 November 2013

Dear God Please Stop the Rain Fall

Dear God: Please stop the rain fall

By Father Ray T. Sabio, MSC
   It was still raining when I arrived at the ICC (International Convention Center) at around 2:15 PM of September 3, 2013. I climbed the stairs leading to the second floor and there I saw sister Daisy Momotaro and the three ladies seated on the lounging chairs. Parenthetically, sister Daisy came out few minutes earlier from an emergency meeting to change the plan for the PIF Official Opening Ceremony because the prediction was it was going to rain that evening according to the Weather Station and the forecast from the Internet.
   I met brother Antonio Elio and invited him to join me. Without hesitation, I approached sister Daisy and the three ladies and suggested that the six of us pray and request God's assistance to stop the rain and if possible generate  good weather.
   So much work has been done in preparation for the Pacific Islands Forum. And I made a brief comment that if God could open the Red Sea and let His chosen people pass, He could possibly reverse the weather.
I started with a short opening prayer and then we prayed one “Our Father,” one “Hail Mary” and one “Glory Be.” Then I gave a copy of the beautiful picture and prayer to “Our Lady of the Sacred Heart” to sister Daisy, to the three Ladies and to brother Antonio Elio. I requested the group to offer the special prayer "Memorare to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart" requesting her maternal intercession. She is a Mother of Jesus, the Mother who lovingly cares. She is given the subtitle, “Hope of the Hopeless.”
   At the end of the prayer, I gave the blessing and thank them wholeheartedly for their participation. It was only later on that I was informed that the three ladies were the First Ladies of Cook Islands, Palau and Tuvalu. My special thanks to them for joining our prayer.
   While it was still drizzling, I left the ICC and proceeded on foot to Delap Park (the Old Weather Station) to update myself on the island-style huts constructed by the local governments as well as the palm branches decoration surrounding the Delap Park done by the Filipino community members. This was inspired by the Palm Sunday decoration done by them for the Assumption Church. Everything at the Delap Park looked beautiful. About 15 minutes later, I noticed the sky gradually cleared. And then after another 15 minutes, sunshine came in. “Wow, a miracle is taking place,” I said to myself. “Thanks be to the Almighty God.”
Well, the weather forecast can make predictions. But God after all, who is the great author of the weather, can reverse the forecast. Glory and praise to the Lord forever. Thanks and honor to “Our Lady of the Sacred Heart.”

(Marshall Islands Journal - Friday, September 13, 2013)




No comments:

Post a Comment